R.E. Staite is currently searching for a hydrographic surveyor to be based in San Diego, CA.
The candidate will be expected to take on the following responsibilities:
- Hydrographic Surveying, perform hydrographic surveys according to USACE and IHO standards.
- Supervising the care and maintenance of equipment in the field.
- Encouraging a culture of continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Supporting and communicating with field staff effectively.
- Showing leadership under pressure and motivating field staff to meet deadlines while providing clients with a high quality of data.
- Mentoring and training of other Hydrographers.
The Candidate’s area of expertise should fall within one or multiple of the following areas: Dredging, Marine Construction, Nautical charting, marine shallow hazards surveys, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Related hydrographic experience or a degree in a geomatics related field (hydrography, surveying, or engineering)
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of hydrographic data acquisition systems and software primarily including Singlebeam Sonars and GNSS navigation systems. Working knowledge and experience with Multibeam Sonars and Side Scan Sonars a plus. Software packages which will be used are HYPACK/DREDGEPACK.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or GIS strongly encouraged.
- Experience installing and maintaining survey and positioning equipment onboard barges and vessels.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of navigation and positioning techniques, USBL experience is a plus.
- Candidate should have some trouble shooting capability on equipment especially when it comes to fine tuning systems for best results.
- Candidate should have good writing skills and should be able to write preliminary reports and process and interpret data at least to the QA/QC stages.
Salary: $30 to $40hr based off experience
Benefits: Vacation, 401k, Full Medical(100%), job training, job growth to CM and PM level