Geophysicist – All Professional Levels – Bothell, WA
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc is currently seeking a variety of skilled, motivated professionals for our Geophysics Team based in our Bothell, WA location to support our growing Marine Services business. As part of our team you will perform and assist with geophysical survey planning, as well as geophysical data collection and analysis to support our geophysics group specializing in state-of-the-art marine magnetic and electromagnetic surveying for near-surface targets such as unexploded ordinance (UXO) and infrastructure (pipelines), as well as hydrographic survey and detailed assessments of dams or other subsurface features of interest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with other geoscientists and hydrographers to complete projects. Typical projects use MBE, SSS, Magnetometer, TDEMI, GPR, seismic methods (sub bottom profiling, seismic reflection and refraction), and laser scanner to characterize underwater, surface and subsurface environs for engineering and environmental applications
- Conduct investigations and observations as part of a field team; field work may be at hazardous waste sites, requiring medical clearance and OSHA training
- Perform simple and assist in complex calculations, prepare tables, graphs, maps, and other visual materials for reports and proposals
- Maintain, operate and calibrate specialized field equipment
- Participate in the development of Geosciences text sections for projects and proposals
- Remain current with applicable technical literature and government/agency regulations
- Coordinates the Geosciences aspects of projects with other disciplines
- Assist with preparing technical correspondence and the implementation of the Quality Assurance and Health & Safety Programs
- Willingness to travel for domestic and foreign work assignments is required
- Knowledge of other disciplines, and the capacity to learn new ones to perform work assignments
- Perform various other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred for senior positions) from an accredited institution with a focus in Geological Sciences (Geophysics, Geology or Engineering Geology) required
- 2+ years of applicable experience
- Licenses and Certifications related to the Geological Sciences area
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows based computers and Microsoft Office required
- Experience with geophysical/technical software packages including Geosoft Oasis Montaj, HyPack, CARIS HIPS/SIPS, Marine Magnetics BoB, EdgeTech Discover, QPS QINSy / Qimera / Fledermaus, ArcGIS, and related utilities/scripts is preferred
- Matlab, Python or other programming languages a plus
- Ability to configure LANs, serial devices, as well as power distribution (AC&DC) is required (basic understanding)
- Soldering and splicing of power and communications cabling (lab and field) is preferred
- Travel moderate (25-60%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.