Hydrographer – Bothell, WA/ East Coast, U.S
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc., is currently seeking a part-time / seasonal Hydrographer\ Marine Technician to support our marine services business. Marine Services Division specializes in high resolution hydrographic and geophysical surveys for inland, nearshore and offshore underwater investigations, including detailed dam and underwater infrastructure assessments, site surveys, engineering, archaeological and benthic habitat investigations, and remediation efforts. Survey equipment used include single beam, multibeam and phase bathymetry hydrographic survey systems, sidescan sonar, marine magnetic and electromagnetic sensors, sub-bottom profilers, seismic reflection/refraction systems. Oceanographic and biological assessment equipment included bottom and mooring-mounted ADCPs, MetOcean buoy systems, underwater digital video, sediment grab samplers and corers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform and assist with hydrographic and oceanographic and topographic survey planning, as well as data collection, interpretation and reporting
Setup and operation of GPS navigation systems and software, including base stations
Work closely with other oceanographers, geophysicists, geoscientists and hydrographers on filed programs inshore, nearshore and offshore
Small Vessel Operations, maintenance and towing
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- A Bachelor’s or associate degree or certificate Hydrographic Survey, Oceanography, Marine Environmental Science or related field is desired
- The ideal candidate will have more than 3 years of related experience with some or all the following
- Vessel mounted LiDAR data collection and processing
- CTD profiling and water sample collection
- Multibeam bathymetry data collection and processing
- Conducting Single-beam and/or multibeam hydrographic surveys
- Sidescan sonar and subbottom profiling data collection
Desired Training and Certifications:
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification (current)
- STCW Safety training for at sea emergencies. (Fire, First-Aid, survival at seal)
- First-Aid (First Responder)
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office and experience with hydrographic and geophysical survey and charting software packages, including HyPack/HySweep, QINSy/Qimera, CARIS, Reigl RiSCAN, POSPac, ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCAD Civil 3D, BlueView
Programming skills a plus:
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills and be able to work both independently and on as part of a team
- Experience towing boats and trailers and working on small boats and large vessels required
- Willingness to travel for domestic and foreign work assignments, 35% of the year, is required
- Willingness and ability to work offshore for weeks or a month or more at a time is required
- Some physical requirements apply (lifting 50 lbs.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.